How can I benefit from using CBD oil?
CBD oil is a marijuana-based component which is also known as hemp oil claims to have several health benefits for a variety of ailments. This has also been proven by research as most of the ailments are associated with the dysregulation of the endocannabinoid system of your body. This system, also known as ECS is an important component of health and must not be ignored. This fascinating system is known to regulate the internal balance of the body because of the numerous endocannabinoid receptors present in the brain and other organs especially the immune cells.
Endocannabinoids are responsible for creating a feeling of euphoria and well-being and decreases the feeling of pain. CBD oil is made from hemp which is a type of marijuana that contains .3% of THC in every dry unit of the plant. It does not have the side effects of psychoactive compounds present in other varieties of marijuana.
Health benefits of CBD oil —
CBD oil serves as a remedy for several different ailments. Here are some of the most prominent medical benefits of CBD oil
- Chronic pain relief – Patients suffering from chronic pain due to diseases such as fibromyalgia can get relief with CBD. The compound is proven to reduce chronic pain associated with nervous system degeneration, cancer pain as well as for multiple sclerosis. The best thing about this drug is that it is not at all addictive.
- Calms childhood epilepsy – Due to the anti-seizure properties of CBD oil it can be used to treat drug-resistant children that are suffering from epilepsy. With the help of CBD, you can decrease the frequency of seizures successfully by 23% more than other drugs such as placebo.
- Reduces depression and anxiety — According to research done by the Anxiety and Depression Association of America, almost 6% of US population is affected by depression every year and the percentage of anxiety patients is as high as 18%. CBD oil can help to get relief from both of these conditions. It works by reducing the levels of anxiety and stress in patients suffering from ailments such as PTSD, obsessive-compulsive disorder, social anxiety disorder. It helps build confidence amongst users. It is beneficial for depression as it enhances the glutamate and serotonergic cortical signaling in patients suffering from depression.
- Helps fight multi-drug resistant bacteria – Cannabinoids have the ability to destroy bacteria especially the ones that are drug resistant. It is also known to reduce the progression of tuberculosis in rats as it inhibits the proliferation of T-cell. It is considered as a potent weapon to deal with antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
- Reduces inflammation – Inflammation is known to cause several non-infectious diseases such as cancer, heart disease, autoimmune disorders, Alzheimer’s and others according to research done by the National Center for Biotechnology Information. Diet and lifestyle can play an important role in dealing with chronic inflammation, but patients can take help from CBD oil in addition to nutrient-diet and optimized lifestyle in order to speed up recovery. Proper usage of CBD oil can reduce chronic inflammation.
- Reduces oxidative stress – Oxidative stress is the root cause of several modern-day ailments. This condition is associated with the presence of lots of free radicals in the body that are not neutralized by antioxidants. CBD oil serves as an antioxidant and due to its neuroprotective qualities, it can reduce the neurological damage that is caused due to the free radicals.
- Helps in treatment of Schizophrenia – Schizophrenia is a serious disease that can be managed by proper therapy and drugs that may have several side effects. CBD oil can help in reduction of hallucinations and is an effective, safe and tolerable medicine for psychosis.
- Promotes healthy weight – By maintaining the blood sugar level, cannabidiol can help in maintaining healthy body weight. It stimulates the proteins and genes that can break down fat and an increase in mitochondria helps to burn calories. With the usage of CBD oil, the body can convert white fat into brown fat. Brown fat is known to enhance and improve health by burning white fat, creates heat in the body and helps in regulation of blood sugar.
- Improves heart health – Heart diseases are a leading cause of death and it is increasing due to poor lifestyle. Cannabidiol can help in reduction of artery blockage, reduces blood pressure, reduces cholesterol as well as stress-induced a cardiovascular response. CBD oil is also proven to reduce inflammation and oxidative stress that can cause heart diseases.
- Improves the skin conditions – Topical use of CBD oil can lead to treatment of skin conditions. It can help treat conditions such as eczema by causing the abnormal skin cells to die. It can also help in the regulation of skin’s oil production thereby reducing acne. As CBD oil contains nutrients like vitamin E it can help in protecting as well as nourishing the skin.
- Fights cancer – CBD oil is known to play a vital role in cancer treatment but there is still ongoing research about its benefits. According to a study by the American Cancer Society, CBD oil can slow the spread and growth of cancer in animals as it fights inflammation and oxidative stress which are linked to cancer.
How to use CBD oil
CBD oil is used via ingestion into the body of the patient. As CBD oil is a relatively new supplement, there is no exact dosage that can be determined and it depends upon the prescription of the healthcare practitioner. There is no report of overdose or side effects related to dosage of this oil.
In order to determine the right dosage consider following things :
- Purchase a high-quality oil from a reputable source. If oil is of high quality then it will be more bioavailable and a lower dose will also be enough.
- See the recommended dosage on the bottle.
- If after continuous usage there is no change, then increase the dosage.
- Taking small dosages 3-4 times a day is better than taking a large dose once a day.